Turmeric has been lauded for its health benefits for centuries and modern science is proving it to be every bit the powerful super food of tradition.
Dhatu Organics turmeric is both a delicious addition to a dish and so incredibly healthful, that this should be a non-negotiable for inclusion in a conscious diet.
Studies have shown that turmeric more than doubles its bioavailability (the potential for your body to absorb all of its goodness) when eaten with black pepper! So make sure you include both when cooking!
- 100% Organic
- Fairtrade product
- Nutrient dense and bioavailable
- Powerful anti-inflammatory properties
- Naturally gluten and sugar free
- Keto, paleo and diabetic friendly.
- The compound in turmeric that is so powerful is called curcumin. It is this that provides most of the listed potent health benefits.
- Curcurmin has been shown to be as powerful an anti-inflammatory as ibuprofen in high enough doses. Chronic inflammation is believed to play a role in the formation of many chronic diseases on the rise, diabetes, obesity, cancer, Alzheimer's and more, so using any foods which lower inflammation have a preventative effect against these diseases.
- Curcumin may also outperform common arthritis drugs such as diclofenac in high enough doses, and taken daily may decrease chances of developing arthritis.
Has been shown to be 400 times more potent than metformin in activating AMPK, an enzyme which is shown to be effective in reducing insulin resistance.
- Curcumin is also proving to be a powerful natural painkiller in high enough doses.
Just including turmeric in your diet regularly supports your body's detoxification mechanisms and supplies you with high levels of antioxidants which fight aging and disease.
Turmeric is extremely soothing to the digestive system, and appears to protect against gut permeability or leaky gut syndrome.
- Curcumin has been shown to increase brain-derived neurotrophic factor, a type of growth hormone that functions in your brain, supporting the formation of new connections between neurons and decreasing the chances of Alzheimer's and other cognitive decline.
- The increase in this hormone also has positive impacts against depression and anxiety, improving overall well-being.
Turmeric is also an adaptogen, meaning that it helps the body and mind adjust to stress overall, as it has the ability to modulate release of stress hormones from the adrenal glands, making us more resilient towards anything which may arise.